The Tree of Scarlet Berries by Amy Lowell
The rain gullies the garden paths
And tinkles on the broad sides of grass blades.
A tree, at the end of my arm, is hazy with mist.
Even so, I can see that it has red berries,
A scarlet fruit,
Filmed over with moisture.
It seems as though the rain,
Dripping from it,
Should be tinged with colour.
I desire the berries,
But, in the mist, I only scratch my hand on the thorns.
Probably, too, they are bitter.
- “Berry” Wet (jayjaysfavorites.wordpress.com)
- Trend Alert: Berry Delicious Winter Lips (bellasugar.com)
- no more jolly holly (gusgus64.wordpress.com)
- Trend Alert: Blackberry Lips (bellasugar.com)
- Different Types of Red Flowers (proflowers.com)
- Definition: Goji Berry (bellasugar.com)
- The Bees and The Berries (thebrownreporter.wordpress.com)
- Will a Keruru call? (ordinarygood.wordpress.com)
- Climbing: Amy Lowell (antoniopinon.wordpress.com)